top of page

Broughty Athletic

0-1 (Win)


14 August 2021 at 13:30:00

Whitton Park

McBookie Midlands Football League


Broughty Athletic 0 - 1 Tayport FC

Whitton Park

2.30pm Kick Off

Midlands Football League

Match Day Nine

Match report by Ellidh Aitken. Photos by Ryan Masheder.

Tayport took on Broughty Athletic away from home on Saturday afternoon in their ninth match of the season. From the kick off Tayport looked well organised and up for the fight, determined to put in a strong team performance and in the early stages of the match Dayle Robertson and Jamie McCabe had shots on goal but were unable to find the back of the net. It was clear the team were desperate to bounce back from Wednesday night’s defeat and this was evident as they battled for every ball. Mid way through the first half Broughty came into the game more and began creating chances coming closest through Lewis Crosbie who hit the post. Tayport were forced into a first half substitution as winger Jamie Gill limped off injured and was replaced by Ryan Paterson. For the remainder of the first half there was very little between the teams but Tayport continued to pass the ball nicely, making Broughty work hard. The first half ended 0-0.

After the break both teams came out strong, both looking to get the upper hand. The second half like the end of the first was a close encounter with both sides creating chances. Tayport had a good chance early on in the second half after a good pass from Jamie McCabe found Dayle Robertson but Robertson’s shot just went wide of the post. Broughty’s Josh Skelly looked dangerous and created some good opportunities for the home side. Finally, in the 80th minute, the deadlock was broken and it was the Port that took the lead through substitute Ryan Paterson. A great ball into the box from fellow substitute Ross Cameron found Paterson who looped the ball over Broughty keeper Sean Diamond. With ten minutes left to play the home side pushed for an equaliser, putting pressure on the Tayport defence but the Port’s defence stood firm. In the final moments of the match Tayport caught Broughty on the break and the ball once again fell to Paterson but this time Paterson’s shot went over the bar. The final whistle was greeted with loud cheers by the travelling support, proud of their team’s performance. After the match defender Jamie Hume was named the Tayport Distillery Man of the Match.

Tayport Team

1. Gary Thain

2. Louis Joyce

3. Craig Sturrock (Replaced by Ross Cameron)

4. Brad Ness

5. Jamie Hume

6. Kris Rollo

7. Jamie Gill (Replaced by Ryan Paterson)

8. Reece Ritchie

9. Dayle Robertson (Yellow card and replaced by Daniel Dorovic)

10. Jamie McCabe

11. Ewan White

Unused substitutes

12. Logan Irvine

14. Lyall Shaw

20. Darren Brown

Broughty Athletic

1. Sean Diamond

2. Greig McNaughton

3. Greg Warwick

4. Ben Sivewrigh

6. Gregor Anderson

7. Lewis Crosbie

8. Finlay Baird

9. Josh Skelly

10. Ryan Winter

11. Jamie Reid

15. Graham Hay


12. Cameron Blacklock

16. Connor Macleod

5. David Rae

17. Paul Sludden

20. Elliot Smith

Broughty Athletic
bottom of page