top of page

Dundee St James FC

1-3 (Win)


2 October 2021 at 13:30:00

Fairfield Park

McBookie Midlands Football League

Dundee St. James 1 - 3 Tayport FC


Fairfield Park

2.30pm Kick Off

Midlands Football League

Match report by Ellidh Aitken, photos by Ryan Masheder.

On Saturday afternoon Tayport travelled to Fairfield Park for the first time in twenty-two years as they took on league newcomers Dundee St. James in miserable weather conditions. Tayport had two new faces in their line-up this week, centre back Jadel Musanhu who is on loan from Peterhead and trialist Daniel Garmany. Both teams started strong with St. James’ Ryan Crobitt and Tayport’s Lyall Shaw taking shots at goal in the first 15 minutes of play. On 17 minutes Louis Joyce sent the ball into the oppositions penalty area where it was picked up by Dayle Robertson who hooked the ball past St. James goalkeeper, Cameron Hendry, giving Tayport an early lead. Soon after, St. James looked to make it even when James Henderson cut in past Daniel Garmany but his low cross flew across the face of goal. In the 36th minute Dundee St. James were left with 10 men after Cameron McCormack was given a red card. Despite being a man less St. James fought hard and created chances with their best chance coming through Henderson but his shot was blocked by Louis Joyce and saved by goalkeeper Gary Thain. Tayport went into the break 1-0 up.

Both teams started the second half strongly, but Tayport were the first to threaten. Lyall Shaw made a good run but his shot was blocked by Hendry. Hendry was forced in to another save after a shot from Ewan White with the ball going out for a corner, White took the resulting corner and found the towering Musanhu who headed the ball past Hendry, putting Tayport 2-0 up. St. James were looking for a way back into the match and pushed for a goal with Steven Abbot fighting past Tayport’s defence but his shot was blocked by Thain. In the 56th minute St. James got their goal through a well taken free kick by Dylan Higgins. In the 76th minute Tayport’s Kieran Sturrock was brought down inside the box in an attempt to score. The referee pointed to the spot, Robertson stepped up and slotted the ball past Hendry getting the third goal for the Port. Tayport created a few half chances in the closing stages of the match but were unable to further their lead. The match ended Tayport 3-1 Dundee St. James and after the match Tayport midfielder Kris Rollo was named the Tayport Distillery man of the match.

Tayport Team

1. Gary Thain

2. Louis Joyce

3. Daniel Garmany

4. Jadel Musanhu

5. Jamie Hume

6. Kris Rollo

7. Ewan White (Dorovic)

8. Reece Ritchie

9. Dayle Robertson (Paterson)

10. Kieran Sturrock

11. Lyall Shaw (Gill)


12. Daniel Dorovic

13. Jamie McCabe

14. Ryan Paterson

15. Jamie Gill

20. Darren Brown

Dundee St. James Team

1. Cameron Hendry

2. Zain Ferguson

4. Mark McCrory

5. Evan Adam

7. James Henderson

8. Greig Cushnie

10. Dylan Higgins

12. Sandy Buchan

14. Steven Abbot

15. Cameron McCormack

16. Ryan Corbitt


3. Brodie Cussick

9. Rhys Ross

11. Connor Bisgrove

21. Lewis Houston

25. James Russell

Dundee St James FC
bottom of page