top of page

Letham FC

3-2 (Win)


18 September 2021 at 13:30:00

The Canniepairt

McBookie Midlands Football League

Tayport FC 3-2 Letham

The Canniepairt


2.30pm Kick Off

Midlands Football League

Match Report by Ellidh Aitken. Photos by Ryan Masheder.

Tayport were back in league action on Saturday as they welcomed Letham. Letham were visiting the Canniepairt for the first time in their history. It was the home side that started brightly creating a number of good chances. It only took Tayport 12 minutes to take the lead, the goal coming from Jamie McCabe who found the top corner of the net from a free kick. Tayport continued to create chances but could not increase their lead. Robertson took a promising shot at goal but his shot went wide of the post. The game was hard fought, with the referee showing multiple yellow cards to both teams. In the 29th minute the course of the match changed when Tayport’s Craig Sturrock received a second yellow card for a barge inside the box. Sturrock walked and Letham were awarded a penalty. Letham’s Mark Shaw took the resulting penalty and slotted the ball straight past Tayport’s Gary Thain, bringing the score even. Despite going down to ten men Tayport continued to dominate the rest of the first half. Lyall Shaw was dangerous on the left-hand side and caused the Letham defence a number of problems. In the 36th minute Shaw cut in from the left and fired a low shot past the keeper which found the bottom right-hand corner of the net. The teams went into the break with Tayport leading 2-1.

The second half was a different story as Letham pushed forward, looking to take advantage of having the extra man. In the 53rd minute, Letham levelled the score as Aaron Gelletly slid the ball past Thain. Tayport then had a fantastic opportunity to re-take the lead when substitute Ewan White fired down the pitch and found himself one on one with the keeper, he took the ball round the goalie but ran the ball wide and his shot found the side net. Both teams created chances as they tried to get ahead but it was the ten men of Tayport who went back in front in the 76th minute. Some great skill from Dayle Robertson saw him power past the Letham defence, Robertson then picked out Jamie McCabe whose shot was parried by the keeper but the ball landed straight at the feet of McCabe who smashed the ball into the back of the net. Tayport looked to extend their lead with chances from Robertson and Reece Ritchie but were unable to make it four. The match ended Tayport 3-2 Letham. After the match, defender Jamie Hume was named the Tayport Distillery Man of the Match. Saturday’s win moves the Port up to seventh in the league.

Tayport Team

1. Gary Thain

2. Louis Joyce (Yellow Card)

3. Craig Sturrock (Red Card)

4. Brad Ness

5. Jamie Hume

6. Reece Ritchie

7. Jamie Gill (replaced by Ewan White)

8. Ryan Paterson (replaced by Sam Sanchez, replaced by Kieran Sturrock)

9. Dayle Robertson

10. Jamie McCabe

11. Lyall Shaw

Unused Substitutes

12. Daniel Dorovic

15. Kieran Sturrock

20. Darren Brown

Letham Team

1. Rory Macintyre

2. Alan Cunningham

3. Jamie McKenzie (Yellow Card)

4. Adam Storrar

5. Benn Blyth

6. Mark Shaw

7. Stephen Mann

8. Sean Ferrie (Yellow Card)

9. Aaron Galletly (Yellow Card)

10. Darren Gray

11. Connor Galletly


12. Lewis Allan

16. Michael Cook

15. Ross Millar

14. Darren Spence

Letham FC
bottom of page