top of page
  • tayportfc

Brechin Victoria 1 - 1 Tayport FC (Match Report - 6/11/21)

Brechin Victoria 1-1 Tayport FC


Victoria Park

1.45pm Kick Off

Midlands Football League

Match report by Ellidh Aitken, photos by Ryan Masheder

Saturday saw Tayport’s first game with new manager Eddie Wolecki at the helm as they faced Brechin Victoria away from home. Tayport looked to take control of the match early with Lyall Shaw making some good runs causing problems for Brechin Victoria. Shaw made an early cross into the box but the ball was deflected into the keeper’s hands. Tayport created there first clear chance when Dayle Robertson’s ball into the box found Ewan White, White looked to score but his shot was blocked on the line and cleared away. On 28 minutes the deadlock was broken and despite pressure from Tayport it was the home side that took the lead. A Tayport free kick in Brechin’s half was put into the box but was cleared and the Vic’s broke quickly playing the ball through to Cameron Fraser who coolly slotted the ball past Gary Thain in the Tayport goal. Tayport looked for a quick reply with Kris Rollo, Kieran Sturrock and Dayle Robertson all having shots on goal but were all thwarted by Vic’s keeper, Dean Easton. Just before halftime Ewan White found Kieran Sturrock who fired the ball into the back of the net, but the goal was disallowed after the referee blew the whistle for offside. The sides went into the break with Brechin Victoria leading 1-0.

It was the home side that started the second half brightest as they looked to extend their lead, Kieran Longmuir coming closest for the Vic’s but his shot was saved by Thain. Tayport grew into the half and began to dominate possession and put pressure on the Vic’s defence but Cameron Fraser commanded the goal well cutting out several crosses. A cross from Ewan White was punched away by Fraser and fell to Shaw but his shot was cleared off the line. Shaw came close again, but this time his shot hit the side net. Tayport’s new signing, Paul Sludden, made an immediate impact on the match after being brought off the bench, nearly scoring immediately with a header. Tayport continued to push for an equaliser with Dayle Robertson driving forward. Robertson was brought down inside the box and the referee pointed to the spot. Robertson stepped up but fired the ball wide of the left post and the home side remained in the lead. Sludden took a freekick after Robertson was again brought down, this time outside of the box. Sludden’s ball in found Rollo who fired the ball home, but the goal was again ruled out after the referee called offside. Finally, in the 89th minute, Tayport equalised. A goal kick from Gary Thain was flicked on by Robertson to Sludden who calmly rolled the ball past the keeper. Tayport went in search for a winner late in to injury time, a late corner looked promising as the ball flew across the face of the goal but nobody could get on the end of it. The match ended Tayport 1-1 Brechin Victoria.

Tayport Team

1. Gary Thain

2. Bradie Heggie

3. Craig Sturrock

4. Jadel Musanhu (Ness)

5. Jamie Hume

6. Kris Rollo

7. Lyall Shaw (McCabe)

8. Louis Joyce

9. Dayle Robertson

10. Kieran Sturrock (Sludden)

11. Ewan White


12. Paul Sludden

13. Reece Ritchie

14. Brad Ness

15. Sam Sanchez

16. Jamie McCabe

17. Ryan Paterson

20. Darren Brown

Brechin Victoria Team

1. Dean Neill Easton

2. Darren Elder

3. Robbie Ferries

4. Lawrie Mitchell

5. Ross Flight

6. Jack Gribben

7. Duncan Martin

8. Samuel Wood

9. Euan Duff

10. Cameron Fraser

11. Kieran Longmuir


12. Joshua Paterson

14. Colin Lawson

15. Lewis Greig

16. Lewis Stracey


Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page