top of page
  • tayportfc

Kirriemuir Thistle 1 - 3 Tayport FC (Match Report - 20/11/21)

Kirriemuir Thistle 1 – 3 Tayport FC 20/11/21 Westview Park 1.45pm Kick Off Midlands Football League Match Report by Ellidh Aitken and photographs by Ryan Masheder. Tayport were on the road on Saturday as they took on Kirriemuir Thistle at Westview Park. The match got off to a quick and frantic start. Tayport’s first shot at goal came through Ryan Paterson, but the ball bounced back off the bar, landing at the feet of Jamie Gill who smashed the ball home, putting Tayport in the lead after just two minutes. However the Port’s lead did not last long, a quickly taken Kirrie free kick found Bryan Duell who curled the ball past Gary Thain in the Tayport goal in the 4th minute of play. Shortly after there was then a strong case for a penalty for Tayport when Paul Sludden was brought down inside the box but the referee waved away the appeals. Tayport created good chances as they looked to retake the lead and came close when Gill picked out Paul Sludden who found Ryan Paterson who’s shot was blocked but the ball then fell to Kris Rollo who took another shot but it was well saved by Darryl Burns. Kirriemuir also had chances in the first half and came close through Bryan Deasley but his shot went wide of the post. Paterson and Bradie Heggie linked up well and Heggie put the ball into the box finding Daniel Dorovic but Dorovic couldn’t keep the ball under control and it was cleared away by the home side. The away side continued to push forward and Dorovic was involved again this time cutting the ball back to Reece Ritchie but his shot was blocked and went out for a corner. The resulting corner was taken by Gill which found Jamie Hume who headed the ball into the back of the net. There were no other clear chances in the first half and the Port went into half time leading 2-1. After the break Jamie Gill looked to increase Tayport’s lead but his early shot went over the bar. Gill was causing a number of problem for the Kirriemuir defence and just after the hour mark he drove down the wing and was brought down with the referee pointing to the spot. Paul Sludden stepped up but his penalty was saved by Burns in the Kirrie goal. The home side gained confidence from the penalty save and looked for an equaliser creating a few chances but none of them troubled Gary Thain. Tayport also continued to create chances, a cross from Ryan Paterson picked out Paul Sludden but his shot went wide of the post, Reece Ritchie then found Daniel Dorovic but his shot also went wide. Finally, in the 84th minute Tayport got their third goal curtesy of Ryan Paterson, Paterson headed the ball over Burns after a cross from Paul Sludden. Tayport looked for a fourth and Ritchie came close but his shot was well saved by Burns. The match ended Tayport 3-1 Kirriemuir Thistle and after the match Reece Ritchie was named the Tayport Distillery Man of the Match. Tayport Starting 11 1. Gary Thain 2. Bradie Heggie 3. Craig Sturrock 4. Brad Ness 5. Jamie Hume 6. Kris Rollo 7. Ryan Paterson (White) 8. Reece Ritchie 9. Paul Sludden 10. Daniel Dorovic (McCabe) 11. Jamie Gill Substitutes 12. Jadel Musanhu 13. Louis Joyce 14. Kieran Sturrock 15. Lyall Shaw 16. Ewan White 17. Jamie McCabe 20. Darren Brown Kirriemuir Thistle Starting 11 1. Darryl Burns 2. Marc Ogg 3. Grant Paterson 4. Josh Gordon 5. Bryan Duell 6. Gary Archibald 7. Darryl Tosh 8. Daniel Hart 9. Bryan Deasley 10. Ryan McInnes 11. Craig Batchelor Substitutes 12. Dominic Fairfield 14. Stephen McNally 21. Craig Gibb


Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page