top of page
  • tayportfc

Tayport 2 - 1 Lochee Harp - 30/10/21 - Match Report

Tayport 2-1 Lochee Harp


The Canniepairt

2.30pm Kick Off

Midlands Football League

Match Report by Ellidh Aitken and photos by Ryan Masheder

Tayport’s game at home to Lochee Harp was one of only three Midlands Football League games to survive the heavy rain this weekend. The game started off brightly with high energy from both sides. An early freekick from Harp’s Ross McCord created a spell of action around Tayport’s goal but the Port defended well and cleared their lines. Tayport began to pick up the pace and Louis Joyce sent the ball to Ewan White but his shot was caught by Lochee keeper, Lennard Ewing. In the 18th minute Tayport took the lead after a Harp goal kick landed at the feet of Jamie McCabe who played through Dayle Robertson who smashed the ball past Ewing. Tayport’s high spirits continued and chances were created by Bradie Heggie, Jamie McCabe and Jamie Gill but Ewing made some good saves and kept Tayport from extending their lead. The Port continued their pressure with Jamie Gill driving forward and playing in White but he couldn’t get enough power on his shot. It was Gill again who caused the Harp defence problems this time taking a shot from outside of the box which Ewing had to tip over the bar. In added on time at the end of the first half Harp were awarded a free kick on the half way line which was swung into the box and flicked on to Paul Scobie who managed to get a shot away but his shot smashed the post and rebounded off of Port defender Bradie Heggie and into the net bringing the score even.

Tensions were high in the second half as both teams looked to take the lead. The referee had a busy second half with both sides receiving multiple yellow cards for some strong challenges. It was the home side that were back in front early into the second half when on the 49th minute a Jamie McCabe corner found Robertson who headed the ball home. A few minutes after it looked like Robertson was about to get his hattrick after Ewan White picked out Robertson at the back post but his shot went just over the bar. Like in the first half Jamie Gill made multiple good runs down the wing creating a number of chances. The high tensions continued when Tayport substitute Daniel Dorovic was sent off for a bad tackle after a short stint on the pitch, leaving Tayport with 10 men for the remainder of the match. In the final stages of the match the Harp went in search of an equaliser throwing men forward but the Port defence stood firm with the matching ending Tayport 2-1 Lochee Harp. Afterwards Jamie Hume was named the Tayport Distillery Man of the Match.

Tayport Team

1. Garry Thain

2. Bradie Heggie

3. Craig Sturrock

4. Brad Ness

5. Jamie Hume

6. Louis Joyce (Rollo)

7. Ewan White

8. Reece Ritchie

9. Dayle Robertson

10. Jamie McCabe (Dorovic)

11. Jamie Gill


12. Kris Rollo

13. Lyall Shaw

14. Daniel Dorovic

15. Sam Sanchez

16. Ryan Paterson

17. Jadel Musanhu

20. Darren Brown

Lochee Harp Team

1. Lennard Ewing

2. Iain MacLean

3. Dominic Blair

4. Dale McIntosh

5. Lee Roeleveld

6. Nairn Greig

7. Ross McCord

8. Paul Scobie

9. Robbie Norrie

10. Stephen Tront

11. Adam Jon Fraser


12. David Bruce Buchan

13. Ryan McCord

14. Duncan Blair

15. Adam Brown

16. Owen Neave

18. Sam Tucker

21. Jacob Kerrigan


Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page