top of page
  • tayportfc

Tayport FC 1 - 0 Dundee St James (Match Report - 8/12/21)

Tayport FC 1-0 Dundee St. James


7.30pm Kick Off

The Canniepairt

Midlands Football League

Match Report by Ellidh Aitken

Photos by Ryan Masheder.

Tayport faced Dundee St. James in a rare December midweek match on Wednesday night. After two weeks of cancelled matches due to weather conditions Tayport played the rescheduled match under the new floodlights at the Canniepairt for the first time. The match started off slowly, with few chances for either side, though Tayport managed to hold possession. Reece Ritchie made a good run towards goal but his shot was blocked by St. James keeper, Cameron Hendry. Bradie Heggie came close with a header but hit the side net. St. James’ Aiden Lockhart had an attempt at goal, but his shot was saved well by Gary Thain, this was soon followed by an effort from John McLaughlin but Louis Joyce blocked the shot and cleared the ball away. Paul Sludden made a good pass picking out Jamie McCabe and it looked like Tayport might take the lead but McCabe’s shot was blocked by Hendry. The teams went into the break with the score at 0-0.

The second half was a different story with far more energy shown by both teams. The first goal of the match came seven minutes after the break and came for the home side. Goalkeeper Gary Thain picked out Jamie Gill on the half way line, Gill brought the ball down and flew down the wing before finding McCabe who flicked it onto Sludden, Sludden controlled and laid the ball off to Ewan White who smashed the ball into the bottom left-hand corner of the net. The Port looked to add to their lead when Jamie Gill again drove at the St James defence, picking out Louis Joyce who then found Sludden but his shot went past the post. St. James looked for an equaliser and had a few shots on goal but on all occasions Thain saved well. Reece Ritchie looked to extend the home sides lead but his shot was saved by Hendry. Jamie Gill again sprinted down the wing but his cross into the box was cleared away by the St. James defence. The match ended Tayport 1-0 Dundee St. James. After the game Jamie Gill was named the Tayport Distillery Man of the Match.

Tayport Team

1. Gary Thain

2. Bradie Heggie

3. Louis Joyce

4. Jadel Musanhu

5. Jamie Hume

6. Kris Rollo (Sturrock)

7. Ewan White

8. Reece Ritchie

9. Paul Sludden (Dorovic)

10. Jamie McCabe

11. Jamie Gill


12. Daniel Dorovic

13. Kieran Sturrock

14. Lyall Shaw

15. Gordon Norrie

20. Jamie Lockhart

Dundee St. James Team

1. Cameron Hendry

2. Zain Ferguson

4. Mark McCrory

5. Evan Adam

6. Mitchell Hay

7. Josh Laughlin

8. Cameron McCormack

10. Dylan-James Higgins

11. Ryan Corbitt

12. Sandy Buchan

25. Aiden Lockhart


9. Ahmed Drammeh

14. Connor Bisgrove

15. Blaine Devaney

16. Brodie Cussick

17. Stuart Turfus

21. Louis Houston


Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page