top of page
  • tayportfc

Tayport FC 3 - 1 Lochee Harp FC (Match Report 13/08/22)

Tayport FC 3 - 1 Lochee Harp FC


2.30pm Kick Off

The Canniepairt

Midlands Football League

Match Report by Charlotte Wilde

Photographs by Ryan Masheder

Tayport were back at The Canniepairt for the second time this week, this time against Dundee side Lochee Harp. The team have been on a good run with wins against Forfar West and Scone Thistle and so were looking for another 3 points against Harp.

It was an even start to the match, with equal chances from both sides. Ryan Paterson had a couple of early shots on goal for the home side but unfortunately the shots went too wide of the post. Harp’s Matthew Riley also had a chance within the first 10 minutes from a free kick, but the ball was cleared from the box by Port Captain Jamie Hume. 20 minutes in, there was a call for a Tayport penalty and then minutes later, Harp also called for a penalty. However, both were not given.

In the 25th minute, Tayport got the first goal of the match. A Bradie Heggie pass was collected by Paterson who took a shot on goal. However, the ball hit off Harp keeper Jamie Lockhart and then bounced off a defender on the goal line. The ball then found Luke O’Brien in the box who smashed it into the net, giving Tayport the lead.

Bryce Affleck had a great chance to equalise just before half time, but his powerful shot was well saved by Tayport keeper Darren Brown. Dominik Naglik also nearly added another Tayport goal seconds before the whistle but Lockhart easily saved his shot. The teams went into half time with Tayport leading 1-0.

Only 10 minutes into the second half, Tayport doubled their lead. Paterson passed to Kieran Sturrock who then ran into the box passing defenders before slotting the ball into the back of the net. Tayport continued to press for yet another goal. Craig Sturrock and Naglik both had chances but both shots were easily saved by Lockhart.

Harp, however, were still looking for their first goal of the match. Substitute Vincent Edmonds’ shot was tipped over the bar by Brown and Sean McVicar’s free kick was well cleared from the Tayport box by Hume.

80 minutes in and Harp made in 2-1. A shot from Cameron Black took a deflection off another Harp player and rolled into the back of the net. The away side were looking more promising, however, only a few minutes after their goal Gino Yunnissi received a second yellow card and was sent off the pitch. Now that Harp were down to 10 men, Tayport took advantage of this and in the 91st minute they made it 3-1. Kieran Sturrock ran into the box and chipped the ball over Lockhart and into the net. This was the last action of the match and the game ended with a 3-1 win for Tayport.

Kieran Sturrock was awarded the Tayport Distillery Man of the Match award. Manager Daryl McKenzie said he was “absolutely delight for Kieran to get a couple of goals” and says “he is a player that has impressed me massively since i’ve joined the club”.

In terms of the match, McKenzie said he was “delighted to get our 4th win on the trot”. He also mentioned that he felt the team had improved since the match against Scone Thistle and that “we created a lot of chances”.

Tayport Team:

1 Darren Brown

2 Bradie Heggie

3 Ross McDonald

4 Jamie Hume (C)

5 Greg McColm

6 Craig Sturrock

7 Daryl McKenzie (Trialist A)

8 Luke O’Brien (Walls)

9 Dominik Naglik (McMulkin)

10 Ryan Paterson

11 Kieran Sturrock


12 Callum Walls

13 Ross Cameron

14 Kyle McMulkin

15 Nik Edwards

16 Trialist A

17 Caleb Addo

20 Charlie Kennedy

Lochee Harp Team:

1 Jamie Lockhart

2 Mark Kelly

4 Thomas Sweeney

5 Fraser Sturrock

6 Cameron Black

7 Sean McVicar

8 Matthew Riley

9 Gino Yunnissi

10 Bryce Affleck

11 Lewis Hopkins

20 Fraser Wilson


12 Finlay Slater

13 Vincent Edmonds

14 Kai Flynn

14 Kyle Buik

25 Fraser Butter



Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page