top of page

Dundee North End

2-2 (Draw)


13 November 2021 at 13:45:00

North End Park

McBookie Midlands Football League

Dundee North End 2-2 Tayport FC


North End Park

1.45pm Kick Off

Midlands Football League

Match report by Ellidh Aitken and photos by Ryan Masheder.

Tayport faced Dundee North End on Saturday away at North End Park. It was Tayport’s second match under new management, returning after a 1-1 draw last week against Brechin Victoria. The first twenty minutes of the match were extremely even with both sides having opportunities to take the lead. Tayport coming close through Lyall Shaw and Kieran Sturrock but Shaw’s shot was blocked and Sturrock fired over the bar. North End’s Gary Sutherland also came close to scoring but his shot went wide. Last week’s goal scorer, Paul Sludden, looked dangerous but sent the ball past the post. After that North End then began to dominate the match pushing forward and creating chances. On the half hour mark North End’s pressure paid off as they opened the scoring through Frankie Devine. A cross into the box was cleared away by Brad Ness but the ball fell to Devine who smashed the ball past Gary Thain. North End continued to press and three minutes later got their second of the match, Devine shot was parried by Thain but the ball bounced out and deflected off Brad Ness and into the goal. Despite continuing to push for another goal North End were unable to create any more clear chances and the teams went into the break with North End leading 2-0.

The second half was a very different story with Tayport taking the game to North End as they looked to get back into the match. Paul Sludden drove forward and found Jamie Gill but Gill’s shot was blocked. Lyall Shaw also took a shot at goal but his shot was once again blocked. On the 54th minute Paul Sludden took a long range shot which beat Mark Stewart in the North End goal. Jamie Gill then made a good run down the left wing finding Sludden who got his shot away but Stewart made a good save. Tayport pushed forward for an equaliser but North End looked for that important third goal to kill off the game and created chances but Gary Thain made a number of good saves. It looked like North End were going to take all three points but four minutes into added on time a Gary Thain goal kick was flicked on to Paul Sludden who took the ball around Stewart and slotted the ball into the empty net. The late goal was the last action of the match with the game ending 2-2 and the Port leaving North End park with a well-earned point. After the match Paul Sludden was chosen by the committee as the Tayport Distillery Man of the Match.

Tayport Team

1. Gary Thain

2. Bradie Heggie

3. Craig Sturrock

4. Brad Ness

5. Jamie Hume

6. Kris Rollo (White)

7. Jamie Gill

9. Paul Sludden

10. Kieran Sturrock (Joyce)

11. Lyall Shaw (Paterson)

12. Reece Ritchie


13. Jadel Musanhu

14. Ryan Paterson

15. Louis Joyce

16. Gordon Norrie

17. Ewan White

20. Darren Brown

Dundee North End Team

2. Liam Gibb

3. Brian Rice

4. Jack Allan

8. Jamie Montgomery

9. Gary Sutherland

10. Conor Macleod

11. Frankie Devine

18. Andrew Ballentine

19. John Farquharson

21. Paul Lunan

99. Mark Stewart


17. Greg Fairweather

1. Neal Ferrie

5. Ross Jamieson

7. Owen McCabe

16. Aiden McKelvie

6. Ryan Smith

14. Jordan Timmons

Dundee North End
bottom of page