top of page

Forfar United

4-1 (Win)


19 January 2022 at 19:30:00

The Canniepairt

McBookie Midlands Football League

Tayport FC 4 – 1 Forfar United
7:30pm Kick Off
The Canniepairt
Midlands Football League

Match Report by Charlotte Wilde
Photographs by Ryan Masheder

The first midweek game of the year took place at the Canniepairt under the floodlights, with Tayport taking on Forfar United. This was a rescheduled game which was meant to be played back in December but due to weather conditions, the match was called off. Tayport secured another 3 points, which means 9 points from 3 games for the club. The first 10 minutes of the match saw equal chances for both teams, but neither could find the back of the net. Chances from Jamie Gill and Daniel Dorovic were good attempts on goal but were met with good saves from Forfar’s keeper Jack Shaw. The away side had a chance through a Connor Birse free kick but it was easily headed away by Tayport Capitan Jamie Hume. Reece Ritchie then a powerful shot on goal but it was easily saved by Shaw. 16 minutes in, Dorovic opened the scoring for Tayport. A Forfar free kick was intercepted by Bradie Heggie, who forwarded the ball to Gill. Gill then passed the ball to Dorovic who made a fantastic run from just past the halfway line. He slipped it past two Forfar players before slotting the ball into the back of the net. A quick succession of 3 corners for Tayport saw chances from Greg McColm and Hume but none resulted in a goal. Another Birse free kick from the edge of the box was an opportunity for the away side to level, but the ball was easily caught by Tayport keeper, Jamie Lockhart, who was making his competitive debut for the club. On 42 minutes, Ritchie was brought down inside the box meaning the home side had a chance to double their lead through a penalty. Gill took it and comfortably smashed it into the back of the net. 6 minutes later, and into the third minute of added time, a pass from Kieran Sturrock to Gill saw the ball once again go into the away sides goal. However, it was ruled offside. The teams went into the break with Tayport leading 2-0. Forfar started the stronger team in the second half. Only 7 minutes after kick off, a Max Reid free kick from the half way line found Forfar Captain Kieran Crighton, who controlled the ball and slipped it past Lockhart. However, 20 minutes into the second half, Tayport started to dominate the match. At 66 minutes, the home side went 3-1 up, through a Gill strike from just outside the box. Kris Rollo also had a chance on goal but his shot was deflected wide. An Aiden Marshall shirt pull on White, meant Tayport had a free kick in the 77th minute. It was taken by Gill, who managed to find Sturrock in the box, who then headed the ball into the net. Louis Joyce had a chance to add another goal for Tayport, but his powerful strike went straight into Shaw’s hands. The match ended with a 4 – 1 win to Tayport. Jamie Gill received the Tayport Distillery’s Man of the Match bottle, with manager Eddie Wolecki Black saying he was “not surprised” with the choice as Gill performed exceptionally well.

Tayport FC Team:
1. Jamie Lockhart
2. Bradie Heggie
3. Louis Joyce
4. Greg McColm
5. Jamie Hume (C)
6. Kris Rollo
7. Ewan White
8. Reece Ritchie
9. Daniel Dorovic
10. Kieran Sturrock
11. Jamie Gill
12. Paul Sludden
13. Ross Cameron
14. Craig Sturrock
15. Ryan Paterson
16. Gordon Norrie
17. Jamie McCabe
20. Gary Thain

Forfar United Team:
1. Jack Shaw
2. Robbie Davidson
3. Aiden Marshall
4. Kieran Crighton (C)
5. Max Reid
6. Rory Crighton
7. Dean Fletcher
8. Liam Godfrey
9. Brett Hampton
10. Connor Birse
11. Calum Boath
12. Morgan Evans
14. Fraser Sturrock
15. Jay Harkins
16. Evan Kidd
17. Ben Ranstead
18. Jay Yule
19. Benjamin Starkey
23. Fraser Reid

Forfar United
bottom of page